Application: tapping, roll forming
Machine type: machining centres, transfer lines, special purpose, drilling and milling machines
- hard start with higher axial force, adjustable
- better sealing
- modular shank system MS, W
- horizontally, vertically applicable
- applicable for left and right handed threads
- to avoid the chuck getting into compression during the start of the tap - reduction of error rate
- no malfunction due to contamination - longer maintenance sequences
- higher flexibility - reduced number of tools required
Description / Qualities
Bilz quick change tapping chucks type WFLK are mainly used on mechanically and numerically controlled machines. They fulfill all the requirements for tapping tolerance compliant threads whilst operating rationally. The quick change feature is suitable for various adaptors and is activated by means of the length compensation. When changing the adaptors, the length compensation is completely compressed. When using chuck size 3, and bigger uncoupling can also be carried out by pulling out the extension compensation.
The integrated length compensation on extension and compression compensates for differences between tap itch and machine feed and prevents cuts on the thread flanks. The length compensation is situated in a ball cage sleeve and is therefore particularly easy-running, even when high torques are applied. It is positioned in the zero position and is equipped with a strong pressure spring for the extension area. Bilz WFLK chucks can be applied horizontally or vertically and can be used for right or left-handed threads.