Tapping Chuck D-DSPL
Tapping chuck for use on drilling and tapping machines
Application: tapping and roll forming with frequently changing thread sizes, e.g. small firms, repair departments etc.
Machine type: reversible drilling and tapping machines | radial, horizontal boring machines | special purpose, turning and NC-machines
- double chucking with big clamping range
- adjustable safety clutch
- length compensation on tension and compression
- float function
- direct clamping of the taps - no quick change adaptors required
- to avoid tap breakage - less tooling and refinishing costs
- to compensate the difference between tap pitch and feed rate of the machine - correct threads in a good quality, less tap wear
- to compensate misalignment between core drill hole and spindle - good thread quality
Description / Qualities
The tap is securely clamped on both the shank and square using a double clamping system. The wide clamping range of this unit is operated by using a key on the rectangular head adjustment screw within the body of the unit. The adjustable safety clutch prevents tap breakage and the torque system ensures minimum wear on the clutch. The tap is auto matically locked on return after the clutch has slipped. The floating system employed compensates for any misalignment that may occur between the tap and the hole in the workpiece.
The length compensation acts on tension and compression to compensate for any pitch variation between the machine and the tapping chuck, the unit can be used on machines with both manual and automatic feed, built-in exact zero-position.